Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:21:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bob K <melange@yip.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dirpref gives massive performance boost

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> The presence of the dirprefs code in the kernel has
> NO influence on newfs at all.  Read my lips:  newfs
> does NOT enable dirprefs.

If I've been reading this thread correctly, David Chapman has been asking
if there's a method of examining the directory structure of a disk to
determine if none, some, or all of it was written using the new dirprefs
code, which is a different question than the one you and others have been
answering...

--
Bob <melange@yip.org> | We're all wrong.