Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        nuzrin yaapar <nuzrin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Ryan Dooley <dooleyr@missouri.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uh... server crashes every day :-/ any thoughts?

:
:On Thursday 11 October 2001 9:51 pm, Ryan Dooley wrote:
:> Hey All,
:>
:> I've got this 4.4-RELEASE server running a Dell 6450 that seems to be
:> having issues (I've crashed once a day for the past week at the worst
:> possible time (business hours).
:>
:> Here's the deal...
:>
:> The system is a central NFS server serving up NFS, SAMBA, and printing
:> to a large number of clients.  It has two interfaces.  One goes to a
:> dedicated 100MB network for 6 linux machines that act as web and ftp
:> servers as well as some general access machines (they mount a file
:> system from this server via NFS (version 3, udp)
:
:Hi all,
:
:I also experienced similar problems. I think it's related to NFS somehow. My
:NFS server will reboot itself without even displaying the panic messages
:whenever around 15 or more I think NFS clients accessing it simultaneously.
:
:The machine serves around 40 NFS clients. I cannot give the configuration
:now, because I'm somewhere else and do not have access to the machine. But
:what I remember is that nfsd is configured to start with 20 instance, the
:mbufs is 40000, and NIC is fxp0.
:
:Thanks.

    Both of you need to upgrade to the latest -stable.  I don't know if
    the recent fixes I committed will solve your problems, but there's
    a good chance that they will have a positive effect.

						-Matt