Date:      Thu, 2 May 1996 14:55:51 -0400
From:      Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip@CS.McGill.CA>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vi and char code >=128

Hi. vi currently displays characters whose code is >= 128 in hexadecimal
form instead of the character itself. (I'm using an xterm, but this also
happens in a vt100 modem login.) I have recently installed FreeBSD 2.1.0-R;
this problem didn't happen under my 2.0.5 system, at least in xterms.

I couldn't find anything interesting in the vi manpage about this.
How can I have those special characters displayed directly? Thanks...

Pierre.