Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:35:19 +0100
From:      Richard Nyberg <rnyberg@it.su.se>
To:        Thomas Seck <tmseck-lists@netcologne.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 05:42:10PM -0000, Thomas Seck wrote:
> * Richard Nyberg (rnyberg@it.su.se):
>
> > I have built all my ports from scratch and almost everything
> > works okay.
> >
> > The only problems I've had is with xclock and mozilla:
> >
> > # xclock -d
> > Warning: Cannot convert string "" to type XftFont
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > If run without -d, xclock doesn't segfault but still complains.
>
> See whether the font directory in /usr/X11R6/etc/fonts.conf is correct
> (i.e. points to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts and not to, say, "~/.fonts").

It did say the latter. I changed it and now everything works :)
Thank you!

Yet another new xml configuration file, and yet another place
to configure your fonts. Ho hum...

> I ran into the same problem after updating to 4.3.0 with anholt's
> latest patchset via portupgrade(1). Setting the font directory correctly
> got rid of xclock's crashes but I still cannot configure the font for
> 'xclock -d' . I'll try whether this problem persists after a clean
> install of the now committed 4.3.0 port.

Mine was a clean install of the port. I pkg_delete'd all installed ports
and wiped out /usr/X11R6, /usr/compat and /usr/local. No portupgrade
or patchset involved.

	-Richard