Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:08:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and NeoMagic (was: Dell Latitude CPi)

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Greg Lehey wrote in message ID
> <19981129104424.P6182@freebie.lemis.com>:
> > > I'd have to agree 100% on this one. I just tried the new XFree86-3.3.3
> > > release and the NeoMagic support just isn't there yet.
> >
> > How did you determine that?  According to the release notes, it is.
>
> He probably means that the support is weak, and possibly buggy, not that its
> non-existant :) It is after all the first rev of XFree that has had NeoMagic
> support, and its likely to have issues.
>
> Dontcha just love the english language?

Good on ya Gary, hit the nail right on the head.

I came to the conclusion when I built XFree-3.3.3 and set it up to handle
my NeoMagic chipset and it just didn't work. Go figure.

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
Dumbfounding question 2: Someone once asked me why I care. I couldn't
imagine what life would be like without caring.