Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 21:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firewall rules causing SSH disconects?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what possible firewall rules (if any) could cause
problems with random SSH disconnections. I'm trying to troubleshoot my
situation here, and I'm unsure if it has to do with failing routers on the
internet somewhere, or my own configuration.

The situatino is basically that I'm able to connect via SSH to my box
remotely, but I'll get disconnected after a varying amount of time.

Is it possible that a firewall rule is causing this? I wouldn't think
so..but I could be wrong.  Anyone else have any ideas about this? someone
else mentioned to try turning "KeepAlive" to off to see what happens, but
that didn't solve anything.