Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 12:23:31 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libstdc++ problem with recent CURRENT

Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi David,

Please include me in these messages regarding the libraries in the
-current build, this is almost certainly my breakage since I committed it.

> I've now problems linking with stlport lib with our native g++:
>
> ../unxfbsd.pro/obj/syshelp.o -lc_r -lm -lstlport_gcc -lsupc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic
> -lstlport_gcc -lc_r -lsupc++
>
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0_src/solver/641/unxfbsd.pro/lib/libs
    tlport_gcc.so:
> undefined reference to `sqrtl'
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0_src/solver/641/unxfbsd.pro/lib/libs
    tlport_gcc.so:
> undefined reference to `sinl'
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0_src/solver/641/unxfbsd.pro/lib/libs
    tlport_gcc.so:
> undefined reference to `cosl'
>
> There seem to be some math bits missing in the OS installed
> version. They exist in the gcc3.1 port from march.

The most likely culprit here is that David and I configured something
differently or ./configure found something different on our systems when
generating config.h for the library.  I'll go back over this again.

I'm pretty sure we had different locale settings, but I'm a little suprised
about the math differences.

Cheers,
-Peter