Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 22:28:48 +0100
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help: Burning a cd with burncd and Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A

Aloha!

Eric Jacoboni wrote:
> Joachim> I have bought a Plextor Plexwriter 16/10/40A IDE cd-burner
> Joachim> and are now wasting many fine empty cds in futile attempts at
> Joachim> burning stuff onto the poor things.
>
> Mine is the previous model : 12/10/32A. But, it's a good idea to test
> first with CD-RW, not with CD-R...

Yes, I'm not trying to clean and rewrite at all right now. Just clean
and simple cd burning.

> Have you tried without fixate step?

No, will do.

> Have you check this CD with the PlexTools, under Windows? If it's not
> fixated you can still work with it with, say, Nero or Easy-CD.

Ok, good idea. Will try and burn a cd and then move to Windows - Darn, I
don't want to be there!

> And, BTW, have you try to burn a CD under Windows?

Yes, works very nicely. I've created a FreeBSD 4.2 ISO cd with it and
installed a machine from that cd.

> ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
> ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
> ad0: 43979MB <IBM-DTLA-307045> [89355/16/63] at ata0-master tagged UDMA100
> acd0: CDROM <ATAPI 50X CDROM> at ata1-master using UDMA33
> acd1: CD-RW <PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1210A> at ata1-slave using WDMA2
>
> If it runs ok with another OS, try to change its place in the ATA
> chain: try to swap the DVD and the Plextor (be careful to change the
> rear bridges, too).

Hey! That's interesting! The burner is strapped and inserted as master
on the same channel as the normal cd. In Windows it also appears as
master... Why didn't I see that...

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning