Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:07:09 +0200
From:      "Michal F. Hanula" <frankie@kyblik.pieskovisko.sk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: One way cable modem/ipfilter

--Qz2CZ664xQdCRdPu

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 03:01:40PM +0000, Cherie Powell wrote:
> I am using IPNAT already, so I'm set there. Now all I need is for
> someone to tell me "precisely what needs to be done." :-)
>=20
> Cherie
>=20
>=20
> On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 23:06:16 -0500, "Charles Pelletier"
> <fozekizer@attbi.com> said:
> > yeah it can, you just have to use IPNAT instead.
> > just add that and IPFILTER and IPDIVERT to your kernel and recompile
> > for
> > starters if you haven't already then let these guys tell you precisely
> > what
> > needs to be done.
> >=20
> > options IPDIVERT
> > options IPFILTER
> > options IPMON  #to log everything
IPDIVERT is quite unnnecessary - it is only needed for natd while you are
probably going to use ipnat (man ipnat, man natd).
natd is used with ipfw (but then you should have options IPFIREWALL)
							m&f
--=20
The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get
as smart as men but that we will meanwhile agree to meet
them halfway.

--Qz2CZ664xQdCRdPu

--Qz2CZ664xQdCRdPu--