Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:09:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Fisher <maf8113@osfmail.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Brooktree 848 driver

I rebuilt world and my kernel last night to learn that there is apparantly
some trouble with the Brooktree 848 driver somehow.  I get the following
error with the fxtv port:
open("/dev/bktr0") failed: Device not configured

According to the dmesg output, the card is being detected properly:
bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 10 on pci0:19
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner, dbx stereo.

The /dev entries for bktr0 and tuner0 do exist (I recreated them in case
that was the possibility of error using the instructions from the web page
at http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/files/README.bt848).

I did a brief search through the archives and didn't see any complaints
along these lines...so any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Mike
  "I swear - by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live