Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:18:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Randall Picek <apicek@iupui.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB causes install to lock-up

I haven't been able to find any information about this anywhere else, but
when I attempt to install FreeBSD 4.4, after I go thru the graphical
kernel configuration, it goes thru some devices, and hangs at the
following line:

usb0: SMM Not responding (something else)

and that's it.  I've found that this happens whenever I have any USB
device connected to my computer, through a USB hub or not, and if I unplug
all USB devices until the next installation section comes up, then plug
them in, everything works fine after that point.  If this comment is
better suited for the bugs mailing list, let me know, and I'll post it
there.  Thanks!

- Andrew Picek
  apicek@iupui.edu