Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 17:01:47 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 -> 4.0 upgrade problems

In message <20000307115632.A72634@relay.ucb.crimea.ua> Ruslan Ermilov writes:
: > 1) genassym and config were complaining about not being able to find
: > libc.so.4 when I installed them. Workaround: go back and rebuild with with
: > CFLAGS="-static"

A better work around is cd lib/libc and do a make install.

: We certainly need to update src/UPDATING accordingly, see the patch
: attached.

: +	make buildkernel installkernel KERNEL="NAME_OF_YOUR_KERNEL"

I'm not sure that this is wise.  When I tried this, I got
/NAME_OF_YOUR_KERNEL rather than /kernel like I'd have expected.

Warner