Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:36:52 -0400
From:      "William D. Freeman" <wdf@picusnet.com>
To:        Pablo <josoroma@internexo.co.cr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: please

--------------790BC74EE8894A7424D11C26

XFree86 might not support that card (i've never heard of it), and i seriously
doubt that XFree86 3.3.6 or 4.0.0 would have new support for a card with specs
like that.  might be out of luck, dude.  Maybe just use the VGA16 server and set
everything to "probed" will work in XF86Setup

Pablo wrote:

> My problem is:
> How can i configure the server perfect with my hardware, because my
> video card is not listed.
> I installed Freebsd 3.2
> Please, help me.
> What i have to do?
> I have to download the driver?
> Can i run xf86config? Send one example of a good configuration for me.
> Can i configure this manually, how? Send one example of a good
> configuration for me.
>
> Thanks.
> I ran the program SuperProbe and the result was:
> Chipset: Silicon Integrated Systems SG86C202 (PCI Probed)
> Memory: 0 Kbytes
> RAMDAC: Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC
>         with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))
> My hardware is:
> Mainboard: Pentium Mainboard PCI Bus and ISA Bus.
> Video card: FVGAP-SS (SIS 6202) PCI VGA Card.
> Video Ram: 1 MB.
> Ram: 16 MB.
> Monitor: 14, Color Monitor, VESA VGA / XGA.
> Mouse: Genius
> Printer: Canon BJC-1010

 William D. Freeman [wdf@picusnet.com]
http://members.xoom.com/EvilGNU
Version: 3.12
GU d? s+:++ a--- C++ UB+++ P+ L- E W++ N- o-- K---- w---
O---- M- V-- PS--- PE++ Y-- PGP---- t+ 5-- X++ R tv b+

--------------790BC74EE8894A7424D11C26

XFree86 might not support that card (i've never heard of it), and i seriously
doubt that XFree86 3.3.6 or 4.0.0 would have new support for a card with
specs like that.&nbsp; might be out of luck, dude.&nbsp; Maybe just use
the VGA16 server and set everything to "probed" will work in XF86Setup
me.
(or in 6-bit mode))

<pre>--&nbsp;
&nbsp;William D. Freeman [wdf@picusnet.com]