Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:49:09 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: drop snd_ from DRIVER_MODULEs...

Quoting John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu> (from Mon, 17 =20
Apr 2006 20:25:20 -0700):

> Well, I noticed that we have a few extra snd_'s in front of most (all?)

If it's not in front of all drivers for sound chips (!=3D all modules =20
which make up the sound system), it's an inconsistency which should be =20
fixed.

> of our sound drives.. I believe this used to be necessary due to lack of
> kldxref which couldn't find modules w/ different names than the modules..
> Now that this has been fixed, I feel that we should drop these so we
> don't have issues w/ name mismatches, such as introduced w/ gusc and sbc..

What are the benefits of this patch? Why should we commit it? What's =20
wrong with the current way of naming? How is this patch an improvement?

I don't object to the patch (haven't tested it), but what are the benefits?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137
Q:=09How many people from New Jersey does it take to change a light
=09=09bulb?
A:=09Three.  One to do it, one to watch, and the third to shoot the
=09=09witness.