Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:58:50 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "James B. Wilkinson" <jimmy@CS.cofc.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syntax of /boot/kernel.conf

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:10:13 -0400, "James B. Wilkinson" wrote:

> di ep0     # means that I disabled the ep0 interface
> en ed0     # I enabled ed0
> po ed0 0x300    #ed0 is at port 300
> ir ed0 3        #ed0 is at IRQ 3
> iom ed0 0xd8000 #address of the boot rom is the ed0 had one
> f ed0 0    # now what is this all about?????
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> Does it mark the (f)inish of the information on the ed0?
> If that's the case, what does the 0 following it mean?

The commands are listed in src/sys/i386/i386/userconfig.c .  The "f"
command sets device flags, which you'd have seen in the visual config if
you used it.  These are obviously device-dependant.  The flags for the
ed(4) device are described in the ed(4) manual page:

	man 4 ed

Hope that helps.

Ciao,
Sheldon.