Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:40:49 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/devel/cervisia Makefile pkg-plist ports/net/kmud Makefile pkg-plist ports/audio/knapster Makefile pkg-plist

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 03:37:23AM +0900, FUJISHIMA Satsuki wrote:
> > >   remove empty share/locale stuff.
> > >
> > >   Submitted by: bento
> >
> > [ not directed specifically at FUJISHIMA-san ]
> >
> > Please, people, bento is not always right.  These empty directories
> > should be deleted by mtree, NOT pkg-plist.  Efforts should go into
> > letting us use multiple mtree files, NOT using wrong 'fixes' like this.
>
> There are very few ports which leave share/locale directories
> undeleted so I did that "fix".
>
> BSD.local.dist does not include share/locale stuff but BSD.x11.dist
> does. If you want mtree removing that directories, you need to add
> share/locale to BSD.local.dist, don't you?
>
> I wonder why BSD.local.dist does not have there entries.

They seem to be included in the devel/gettext's plist.  BSD.x11.dist
has locale dirs, because X knows about locales; there is no need for
${LOCALBASE}/share/locale/, if there are no ports that use it.
And most of those that do, use it through gettext (libintl) :)

Of course, I might be dead wrong here :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
When you are not looking at it, this sentence is in Spanish.