Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:27:01 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "John W. De Boskey" <jwd@bsdwins.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: entropy reseeding is totally broken

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 09:25:05AM -0400, John W. De Boskey wrote:
> If this was happening in -stable I'd be in total agreement.
> However, we're talking -current, and is not -current the
> integration area for new technologies, whether they be
> rough or round edged?

Yes, -CURRENT is for new technologies and integration, even with rough
edges.  However, such integration should not cause major pain for more
than 3-4 days.  Anything more than 3 days or so, can really impact
other's work.  devrandom has taken a little longer than this.  Over the
past 3 weeks (or so), I've I've lost a day to this, and others piped up
saying they've lost a lot of time too.  This does not make me happy when
writing my status reports to my boss, or others who really hoped to spend
their Sunday afternoon developing their favorite new feature and instead
couldn't.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          Disclaimer: Not speaking for FreeBSD, just expressing my own opinion.