Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 09:17:52 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE, eivind@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: help! - nodes.h where is it?

On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 08:38:56AM +1000, Bruce Evans wrote:
> >Doing a make depend first then helped. Sorry, maybe it's just that I
> >forgot make depend. But should make do it anyway when no .depend
> >file exists?
>
> `make depend' used to be necessary in some cases, but I fixed that
> using general methods in bsd.prog.mk and removed special hacks for it
> in places like sh/Makefile.  It still looks like your bsd.prog.mk is
> broken or you have a stale .depend file :-).

I definitely copied over /usr/src/share/mk/* to /usr/share/mk
and I deleted my obj tree. There wasn't definitely no .depend
in /usr/src/bin/sh nor in the corresponding obj path (prior to
deleting it anyway). Hmm, maybe just a woodoo day :-) I'm starting
a new make world right now and see what it gives.