Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 01:28:34 -0500
From:      flambe@[205.206.107.2]
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dialup modems

I am running freebsd 2.0.5 on a 486 66  with 12 meg ram, and have a 2400
baud modem on com 1 and 144 on com 2    I am trying (unsucessfully) to
get my 144 to answer the phone, or dial out.

I have a copy of the freebsd handbook.

I followed the instructions for setting up a 144 on com 2.

-MAKEDEV ttyd1
edit gettytab to include the v32modem as listed in the manual (19200)
edit ttys such that ttyd1 is set up the same as the example
I dont understand what to do with the rc.serial file.

Help please.

What else do I have to do to get my modem to allow dial-in access?

***note...internal modems.