Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 11:50:17 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "ipfw add fwd ipaddr ip ..." syntax

Bon jour Thierry,

We'll look at natd, we just thought we could forward with ipfw alone.

Our n-nth reading of "man ipfw" discovered that the "fwd ipaddr" syntax of
ipfw requires a switch in kernal.  So now our "fwd" syntax on ipfw rules is
being accepted and appears to be working.

afaics "on paper", the natd fowarding provides the same as the ipfw fwd
function. Do you know of any differences?  We'd like to keep natd out of
this particular "border router" if possible. It will become a very busy
machine if FreeBSD is stable as a router.

Merci bcp,
Len