Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 12:09:58 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO offers Ancient Unix Source Code License

On Sun, May 17, 1998 at 11:17:54PM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> Nope.  I got to see a preproduction 4D/280 at Silicon Graphics, when
> I went to take their 3D graphics course.  I also once got to fondle
> the very first Pentium-based "Paragon" at Intel in Hillsboro.  The
> computing world is a much less exciting place these days, with PC and
> "suits" seeming to run the world.  Where's some good old scientific
> research, or a cool military project with 3-D graphics and enormous
> networks, when you need it?

Just wait some years until we all have dedicated lines and 'suitable'
amounts of bandwidth :-) Then we'll bundle a virtual machine with the
FreeBSD installations, and have a question in the installer (which
will still be sysinstall-based ;-) "Do you want to dedicate spare CPU
cycles to experiments in parallellism run by the FreeBSD project?" and
you can run your massively parallel testbeds on _millions_ of machines
- think about the graphics you can create with one PPro per pixel...

Eivind.