Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 08:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   changes in sc0/vga??

I just CVSUP'd 2.2.6-STABLE and rebuilt and installed everything,
including the new kernel. Suddenly, the local console display glitches
horribly - rather like the driver is turning sync on and off. It happens
when scrolling or changing attributes (like scrolling up and down in Pine,
where you're repainting lines in reverse video) or moving around the
screen in pico, not 100% of the time, but enough to make it really hard to
stay sane. It's like it is turning off sync whenever is processes certain
keystrokes, cursor movement, mostly.

Running an old and venerable Oak VGA card (tried several monitors in case
that was the problem), 486DX2-66, VLB motherboard. I've been running FBSD
for some time and have never seen this problem until now. I scanned thru
the pcvt code and didn't see any magical new flags or options. Anybody
else experiencing this, or is it just me?

-Dave