Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:46:20 -0500
From:      matt greenslade <MGREENSLADE@CSI.compuserve.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Install problem

Hi,

I am trying to install a minimum OS (bin and manpages only to start with)
on my old Tosh laptop. No CD Rom drive so I'm working from floppies - but
thats cool. I got a boot.flp disk which works fine and starts the
installation procedure. I choose 'custom' and select just the bin and
manpages and I tell it that floppies are incoming media.

All goes smoothly until I inserted the disk containing bin.be at which
point I get the message 'write failure on transfer: 1 byte of 1024
transferred'.

I tried with several other floppies but same problem so am I correct in
assuming that this is a corrupt file? I have grabbed half a dozen other
copies from various exotic mirror sites around the globe which have exactly
the same effect. Even if I run bad block scan before starting....same
thing.

Anyone got any ideas? Or a working copy of bin.be?

thanks, Matt Greenslade