Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 12:53:12 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has the copyright dust settled?

Sean Kelly stands accused of saying:

>     >> [SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT]
>
>     Greg> OK, I don't understand the US legal system (does anybody?
>     Greg> :-), but I have never understood the illegible shouting in
>     Greg> these clauses.
>
> Good question.  Maybe it's just some long standing habit that clueless
> lawyer-wannabes have duplicated for eons.

It's actually because someone once (successfully) argued that putting it
in lower case was tantamount to hiding it, and thus it must be emphasised
or the precedent automatically invalidates it.

There's an idirect reference to this in one of the "Artur Blord" stories
(Arthur C Clarke? it was a long time ago...) where a company prints all of
its letterhead _except_ the PTY LTD in lowecase...

> Sean Kelly

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[