Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:21:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Kip Macy <kmacy@netapp.com>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@packetdesign.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <casner@packetdesign.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a MaxAttach?

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Kip Macy wrote:

[...snip...]
> Maxtor has moved from FreeBSD to the Windows SAK so the newer boxes
> are likely to have full BIOS support (they could not keep any of the
> CDS developers to maintain the FreeBSD code base).

Maybe they all went to work for Quantum. :-)

We have some Quantum SNAP Servers which are exactly the same thing as
the older MaxAttach boxes except with bigger IDE drives, and they're
still running the custom version of FreeBSD on them.  They actually
perform better than our much heftier Windows NT 4 servers.  They even
perform better than the newer MaxAttach boxes which are now running a
form of Win2K and have much heftier hardware.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon(at)inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet

No trees were harmed in the composition of this message, although some
electrons were mildly inconvenienced.