Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 12:57:15 +0100
From:      peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl (Peter Korsten)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uptime

Julian Elischer shared with us:

> unfortunatly not actually FreeBSD, but a BSD43/MACH combination system
> (but running a lot of the same code)
>
>  10:36am  up 500 days, 13:08,  2 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.03, 0.02

The computerclub of the university in Eindhoven had a SysV release 2
machine that was up for over 512 days. At one time, uptime had to be
patched because it used a too small datatype for the number of days.
Then they had to move, the machine had to go down, and when switched
on, one disk didn't work anymore.

Just to think that I made a good start porting tcsh.

- Peter
--
Peter Korsten  |  peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl (UUCP)  |  peterk@IAEhv.nl
C/C++/Perl/Java hacker