Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:42:44 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS checksum errors on umass(4) insertion

John Baldwin wrote:
: > > > Something in the FAT line, likely FAT32.  I use ZFS for everything but my
: > > > root filesystem (/usr, /var, /tmp, /home, and a few other non-default
: > > > mountpoints), but I stick with FAT for removable devices.
: > > >
: > > > It's probably worth pointing out that I don't need to mount the filesystem
: > > > to trigger the issue.
: > >
: > > Try http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/dma_sg.patch please.
: > >
: > You mean dma_pg.patch?			^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:
: Yes, and it is now symlinked to dma_sg as well. :)

I've been running with the patch for two and a half hours, and I'm seeing a
steady increase in bounced buffers, with no further complaints of checksum
errors.

I can usually trigger the problem about two hours into load generation, so
things are looking good so far.