Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:09:31 +0900 (JST)
From:      shudo@computer.org
To:        jstepka@webprogrammers.net, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk 1.3.1p6 + shujit + orion 1.5.4

Justen,

> Excellent.
>
> I was able to implement this fine, but I have noticed a few errors
> with the system.
>
> when I access the following page everything works fine (JSP page)
> http://10.1.1.39:8090/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
>
> but when I try and access an html page
> http://10.1.1.39:8090/examples/jsp/colors/colors.html
>
> the system gives me an error 500 page with the following error
>
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: final or private field
> at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._cp._shb(., Compiled Code)

Would you clear the cache of your web browser or cache (proxy) server?
And try loading again.
If you use Mozilla or Navigator, you can load the web pages ignoring
the cached pages by pushing the reload button and the shift key at the
same time.

Both above demo JSP applications work well on my machine
with the following work-around.

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo@computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/