Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 09:18:52 -0800
From:      jpc@jpcampbell.com
To:        "Matt" <m_s@ihug.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cyrus IMAP

If you used the ports it should have installed the cyrus-sasl port as a
dependency.  It's in /usr/ports/security.

Do you have libsasl.so.8 on your system?  Look in /usr/local/lib.  That is
where mine was installed.  You may have to run ldconfig to update your library
cache.

hth,

jpc

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 07:21:57PM +1030, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When trying to connect to the IMAP server, I get
> the following message:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared Object "libsasl.so.8" not found
>

> is there a library or something which I have to install?
>
> Thanks

John P. Campbell
Intacct Corporation
	- "Good judgement comes from experience.
		Experience comes from bad judgement."