Date:      08 Apr 2002 19:46:44 -0300
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Kim <kim@linkoping.bonet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Geforce 2 GTS and TV-out info? +mouse problem! +Sound!

--=-favzJ9wt3Y9w7YMhk4Eu

On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 19:35, Kim wrote:
>=20
> Hello!
> I was wondering while installing FreeBSD 4.5 with Xfree 4.2.0 if there
> is a driver for the Geforce 2 GTS with tv-out.. There is a Geforce
> driver in 4.2.0 but don=B4t know if thats the right driver.. Would be
> happy if someone knows how and have links to good information?

It should.  The only GeForce2 4.2.0 doesn't support is the GeForce2 Go
(according to the nv manpage).  But that's solved using the CVS version
of the driver.

>=20
> Now on to the next problem. The mouse..
>=20
> I got a logitech mouse Model:M-48a. I think it=B4s an ordinary mouseman
> with a wheel.. Got it working with the /dev/sysmouse driver but without
> the wheel, and a strange behavior.. Like slow in the begining and then
> it suddenly accelerates.. =3D/ Please HELP!!

I take it this in the console?  How are you running moused?  for my
Logitech wheeled mouse, I use:

moused_flags=3D"-z 4"

That is, moused runs as:

moused -z 4 -p /dev/psm0 -t auto

>=20
> Where can i find information about configuring sound?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound.html

The Handbook is a good thing.

Joe

>=20
> Excuse my bad english and my stupid questions.. ;)
>=20
> Greetings
>=20
> /Kim - The dumb swede, again..=20
> =20
> =20
> =20
> =20
> [Quote: Linus Torvalds - Aug 27, 2000 - linux-kernel mailing list]=20
> "And I'm right. I'm always right, but in this case I'm just a bit more=20
> right than I usually am." -- Linus Torvalds
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20