Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nuclear Winter <winter@agony.vip.best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound card troubles

Hello.  I'm having some trouble getting sound support on my laptop to
work.  I have compiled the kernel with snd0 and mss0 (Microsoft Sound
System) support.  I've also done /dev/MAKEDEV snd0, as well.  When I do
a cat /dev/sndstat, I get "SoundCard Error: The soundcard system has not
been configured" in return.  If this helps, this is what my kernel
reports at startup regarding my sound card:

Jun 27 17:07:55 agony /kernel: mss0 at 0x530 irq 10 drq 1 on isa
Jun 27 17:07:56 agony /kernel: gus0: <MS Sound System (AD1848)>

Any sort of help or input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-- Nuclear Winter (agony@best.com)
-- "Albeit unseen, albeit unveiled
-- There's a troublemaker hiding heavy secrets"