Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:30:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@genome.Stanford.EDU>
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compilation problem with mgetty+sendfax/vgetty

Hi Ya'll!

Hmmmm.... Has anyone seen the latest version of mgetty+sendfax/vgetty on
ftp.leo.org?   I think it was version 0.99March something which is a very
big version upgrade from 0.22 which I believe is on ports.

Hehehe... I'm salivating big time looking at those nice enhancements....
Would be nice if someone can get that working...  Or it would be at least
over another month before I get to learning how to hack that in C.

Mgetty compiles okay... but the voice stuff stops with an error... (I
don't have the message handy right now...) and I spoke with the maintainer
and he said there was a compiler configuration error... Hmmm...
everything else usually compiles sort of okay...

Well, I know the patches in the ports collection usually do a great job of
fixing any compiling problems, but does anyone know how often do packages
compile right off the bat with FreeBSD?

Thanks for any help.

                /  Howard Lew                            \
               <   Email: hlew@genome.stanford.edu        >
                \  http://www.shoppersnet.com            /