Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 13:56:53 +0100
From:      HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Michael Berhanu <BMICK@bigpond.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the Problem?

Hello,

from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT :

o DOS partition installs fail to find the installation bits.

Fix: Rename C:\FREEBSD to C:\3.0-RELEASE and retry the installation.
     The naming syntax was changed to make DOS more like the other
     types of installation media but the docs on DOS installation
     were not updated properly to reflect this.  The current sysinstall
     now accepts both locations, as it should have to begin with.

	TfH