Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:07:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Richard J Kuhns <rjk@sparcmill.grauel.com>
Cc:        Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@shell.monmouth.com
Subject:   Re: The crontab controversy

While you're debating it, let me suggest that putting a little info
in /etc/crontab might avoid the trap I fell into.  The file says, after
all, that its root's crontab; so it seemed reasonable to use
crontab -u root -e to edit it.  Actually it's not root's crontab, it's
the system's crontab.

So it might be noted as a comment that "this file may be directly
edited.  Use crontab for creating crontabs for specific users, including
root.  See crontab (1) and crontab (5) for format differences."

Annelise