Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:19:49 -0700
From:      Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>
To:        "James F. Ruffer III" <freebsd@empireone.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adduser

Using the quota program you can set quotas for a range of uids.  I use this
on a webserver we run.  If the account is of a certain type I give them a
uid in the 1000-3000 range.  If it's another type of service then they get
a 3000-6000 uid.  You can establish that everyone between 1000 and 3000
gets a 10m quota and everyone 3000 - 6000 gets a 50m quota.  The users
don't have to be created at the time of establishing uid quotas