Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:04:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP! Mouse Problem on FBSD 4.1.1 and XFree86-4.0.1_1

I was running XFree86 4.0.1 now for about 5 months without
any problems and our FreeBSD box is on FBSD 4.1.1-STABLE.
Today, I saw that the ports collection has been updated to
XFree86-4.0.1_1 and for that, I got it and I compiled it
like I compiled it all the time before without problems.

Nothing seems to has changed, sources are the same, so I restarted
the server and - my mouse moves immediately after touching into
the upper lefthand corner!
I use a Logitech 3 button Pilot Mouse and it worked well all the years
before with 3.3.6 and now for months with 4.0.1 and FBSD 4.1.1. But
today it makes strange things and I guess it has to do with some changes
in FBSD 4.1 to 4.1.1 how to handle  the mouse device (mouse is on
/dev/psm0). Mouese protocol is PS/2, I tried MouseMan and Microsoft
without any changes.

Can you help?

Thanks.

-