Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:53:22 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Michael Class <michaelc@space.ebiz-hp.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: oji-plugin with patchset 4

Hello Greg,

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Greg Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:05:14AM +0200, Michael Class wrote:
> > just as a datapoint, after a bit of fiddling, the netscape-plugins
> > do build from patchset 4. When I do a
>
> What fiddling did you need to do?  I've been told the patch isn't
> applying correctly in terms of the plugin, was that it?

The patch is generating the new files for the directory

j2sdk1.3.1/ext/plugin/oji-plugin/include/bsd/jdk12/

in the root-directory, because the bsd/jdk12 dir does not exist.
I had to manually create the directory and move the files.

In addition to this I had to add the include and library-paths
to gtk/glib and the mozilla-dir (even though I have them in the
"standard" dirs where ports will install them)

I did this in

j2sdk1.3.1/ext/plugin/build/solaris/GNUmakefile

after this I was able to compile the plugins.

> > ln -s /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so .
> >
> > in the mozilla-plugins-directory the "about:plugins" in mozilla
> > will correctly show the registration of the plugin.
>
> Cool :).
>
> > Unfortunately every access to applets ends in a
> >
> > Internal error: Null plugin managerSegmentation fault
> >
> > Still some way to go ... anything I could to to debug this
> > further?
>
> If you're interested, try compiling both Mozilla and the plugin with
> -g and then run Mozilla under gdb and see if you can determine where
> the memory fault is occurring.

I am not sure if I will have time to do this. Even the compile
alone will take some serious amount of time, not even to mention
the disk- and memory-space needed to run this puppie.

Michael