Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2019 21:12:02 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?VMSzbA==?= Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd@foucry.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 12-1-RELEASE Cups and Lexmark printer

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 09:25:35 +0100 Jacques Foucry
<jacques+freebsd@foucry.net> wrote:
> Le mercredi 20 nov. 2019 =C3=A0 09:53:13 (+0100), T=C4=B3l Coosemans =C3=
=A0 =C3=A9crit:
>> Try installing cups-filters. =20
> =20
> This solve a part of my issue. Thanks.
>=20
> Now I can print with the generic PPD. The lexmark always failed with a fa=
ilter
> failed" error. Nothing more in the logs :-(
>=20
> That annoying because I can't, with the generic PPD, use the recto-verso
> capability of my printer.

I noticed in your original email you talked about /usr/lib/cups.  The
locations on FreeBSD are /usr/local/libexec/cups and
/usr/local/share/cups.  If the Lexmark driver is made for Linux and
installs under /usr, maybe you need to move the files to the FreeBSD
locations.  If there are references to /usr/lib/cups in the PPD files
you have to change those too.  If some of the driver files are Linux
programs you may also need to enable Linux compatibility
(linux_enable=3D"YES" in /etc/rc.conf) and install the linux-c7-cups-libs
package.