Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 02:18:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bob Weiner <weiner@altrasoft.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Additional FAQ entry: How does FreeBSD compare to other UNIXes?

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Bob Weiner wrote:

> I think that is one of the questions many people will immediately ask
> but for which they will not know the answer.  It would be good to produce
> a table comparing FreeBSD with Linux, SCO, and Solaris, as well as Windows
> potentially.
>
> A comparison between a Linux distribution and FreeBSD at the very least
> would be helpful to a wide variety of people.

[FAQ maintainer mode ON]

I can't think of a way to do this in a fair manner.  It would end up being
a promotional item, which belongs as a Web page on it's own.

The best comaprison I've seen comes from
http://keystone.westminster.edu/~fullermd/bsdvlin.htm.

However, if you think you could do justice to it, I'd take a look at it.
[FAQ maintainer mode OFF]