Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:33:51 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS no longer mounted in alphanumerical order

On March 11, 2019 5:12:40 PM PDT, "Rodney W=2E Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh=
=2Ednsmgr=2Enet> wrote:
>> On 11/03/2019 23:03, Freddie Cash wrote:
>> > Wouldn't it make more sense to teach df, du, "zfs list", and other
>things
>> > that list the mounted filesystems to use sorted output?
>>=20
>> | sort [desired options]
>
>Except that df and zfs list have a header that you have to deal with,
>which is not so easy to get sort to do the right things with out
>some hoop jumping=2E
>

>> P=2ES=2E
>> zfs list already supports sorting by a specific property=2E
>
>Perhaps make zfs list -s mountpoint a default?

There is a zpool property that sets whether zfs list includes snapshots or=
 not=2E Could a similar sort property,  should we choose to implement it, b=
e useful?  Default sort could be set at pool creation time by the user=2E
--=20
Pardon the typos and autocorrect, small keyboard in use=2E
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy=2ESchubert@cschubert=2Ecom>
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy@FreeBSD=2Eorg> Web: http://www=2EFreeBSD=2Eorg

	The need of the many outweighs the greed of the few=2E