Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 1996 14:29:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        proff@iq.org
Subject:   Re: vulnerability in new pw suite

As proff@suburbia.net wrote:

> > Is there any particular reason why you didn't submit this to the
> > author in the first place?  (Forwarded to David now.)
>
> The pw code only made it into current a week ago. I doubt anyone
> is using it yet.

Your doubts are wrong.  It's as well in 2.2, and sysinstall is using
it.  (This has been the main reason to force its merge into 2.2.)

Anyway, it's always best to approach the authors first for code that
is being actively maintained.  They are the first to include new
submissions, rather than anybody else.

--
cheers, J"org