Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:55:31 +0200
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
To:        "ggross@symark.com" <ggross@symark.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw question.

>This makes it difficult to configure remotely without getting locked out
>of the
>system.
>Is there a way to cause the ipfw module to default to a different policy upon

I'm not sure about influencing modules with options in kernel config, I'll
leave that to the pro's but you could as a workaround use:

echo kldload ipfw > load_ipfw.sh
echo ipfw add 65000 allow all from any to any >> load_ipfw.sh
nohup sh load_ipfw.sh

I vaguely remember stuffing them both on one commandline fails because the
shell dies due to the block before the ipfw command is executed. Hence the
nohup.

>For now it appears that I am locked out, until I can access the console.

That's what all the warnings about doing ipfw stuff remotely are for =)

         Doc "I have shot myself in the foot doing ipfw remotely too" Wilco