Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 17:36:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Randy Katz <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        Randy Wenjiun Lin <rblim@aht.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pop3 server response

Sounds like you're not telling the whole story, this happened to me after
migrating some username/password files from one system to another. Had to
redo passwords for all users and make sure the /etc/group file had the
right entries and in some cases chown and chmod files...

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Randy Wenjiun Lin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was using netscape 3.1 gold to get mail from POP3 mail server. However
> after I type in the password, I got the following:
>
> "POP3 server response: cannot open temporary file, do you own it?"
> Then I choose "ok" to continue, and type in password again, and I got
> "password incorrect".
>
> Did anybody have such problems before? Any ideas?
>
> Randy

RAK

Randy A. Katz
Computer Consultation & Sales
505 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 472			       Beverly Hills, CA  90212
(213) 307-9581					       http://www.ccsales.com