Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2013 17:00:09 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, Brooks Davis <brooks@FreeBSD.org>, Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LLVM 3.2: official stable port is still LLVM 3.1. Basesystem missing important LLVM pieces!

--------------enig489B11C016A90294F75B7530

Am 01/06/13 15:52, schrieb Dimitry Andric:
> On 2013-01-06 13:55, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> While working with an OpenCL port that is depending on LLVM 3.2, I fee=
>> very uncomfortable haveng to have devel/llvm-devel installed while the=

>> official release of LLVM is 3.2.
>=20
> Please prod the port maintainer (Brooks) to update the llvm port
> instead.  I have CC'd him on this mail.
>=20
>=20
>> The port devel/llvm is still the older
>> 3.1. Is this going to be changed?
>=20
> Obviously, but this is at the discretion of the port maintainer.  If
> Brooks needs more time, then you will have be a little patient.  Also
> please remember that ports just came out of feature freeze.
>=20

I also filed a PR (
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D175059).

It seems, that the port devel/llvm-devel also misses some pieces of the
most recent LLVM 3.2, as it is needed to compile POCL properly, but I
leave this with the experts to change.

I try to follow a logical path: devel/llvm represents the recent
release, while devel/llvm-devel should be the development branch, 3.3 by
now.
I do not know whether we need LLVM 3.1 any more, since apart from the
POCL device driver backend via LLVM for OpenCL target I know about
nothing in the FreeBSD realm by now using LLVM. I might be wrong ...

So, I see forward to hear from the decissions made ;-)

Oliver