Date:      24 Oct 1996 16:33:34 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers), danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan)
Subject:   Re: root only: (was Re: comments on this change please.)

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

> > Jordan, I think a golden opportunity was missed by not putting
> > sysconfig into /var from the beginning.
>
> Hmmm.  /var/what?

/var/admin
/var/config

Something along those lines?

/etc/ppp and namedb could both go there. /etc could genuinally become
a ro area if we wanted it to. It's not a technical problem but a
migration problem and a genuine desire to do it.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155