Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 02:15:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        Ken Hansen <khansen@njcc.com>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: diskless 100 Mbit - IntelEtherexpress - Q

Here is my two cents --- when you have users that decide to suddenly cycle
the power anything with moving parts is in danger. I prefer the solution
of 100 base T cards and running of boot eprom w large amounts of memory on
the workstations (64MB - 128MB) this certainly has to be better than any
harddrive as it is pretty hard to destroy and I can swap out a machine
simply by moving in anothet cpu cabinet, and changing the MAC address in
the bootptab it is seamless.