Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:39:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      support@idiom.com (David Muir Sharnoff)
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        forrestc@imach.com ((Forrest W. Christian)), freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Jail Hosting Provider?

We haven't rolled out the service yet so this is subject to change...

We'll be putting all the jail()ed servers on one regular filesystem
(different subdirectories).

The binaries for all the jails will be hardlinked together and
chflag'ed noschg.  The system will be running at a securelevel
such that the chflag'ing can't be undone.

Updating jails is an interesting problem and we'll be solving it
with a custom perl program.

Users will be able to customize their setup by breaking symbolic
links.

The ispserver folks seem to be making extensive use of union
mounts.  I didn't think that worked?!?

-Dave

* Hello David,
*