Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 09:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net>
To:        peter <peter@gcsl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RAID on V2.2.6

On 05-May-98 peter wisely wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know if V2.2.6 of FreeBSD supports any Adaptec RAID
> controllers or any other third party RAID solutions? We are looking to
> run FreeBSD in a robust environment with redundancy built in.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Peter Hubbard

There is support for the dpt raid cards that work very well.  www.dpt.com

 Also I have found a very good and inexpensive scsi-scsi raid controller from a
company called avistore. (in oakland ca - can't remember the UR
L) That sell the infortrend brand controlers  www.infortrend.com. A 2 channel co
ntroller is only abt 1400.00 and can have up to 128 megs of cache memory. They w
ork very well althi you have to remember to set the scsi controler to not allow
disconnects. That took me awhile to figure out.

  Nicole

     nicole@webweaver.net  - http://www.webweaver.net/
 webmistress@dangermouse.org - http://www.dangermouse.org/