Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:51:57 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
To:        Steven Looman <fsteevie@dds.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: turning on isplink via another computer

> Is there an app to turn on (just do `ifconfig isp0 up`) my isplink from another computer with an simple interface?
> And, if possible, via a nice windows (yeah, *puke*) program?

I'm not sure this fits your needs, but I have used for a long time some
quite simple things: (1) a daemon running on the I4B machine doing the
ifconfig up/down thing, (2) a simple command line unix tool to run some
command and while it's running tell the daemon to keep the connectin "up"
and (3) a Win32 GUI application that can either spawn another process and
tell the daemon to keep the internet connection up or do the up/down thing
manually.

The daemon collects votes and if at least one user votes for "up" it
will keep the interface up.

If there is demand I'll make these things available.

Martin