Date:      Sun, 07 Sep 2014 06:42:14 +0000
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Maxim V FIlimonov <che@bein.link>
Subject:   Re: What to do if USB stack seems dead

--------
In message <540B7AC4.9060504@selasky.org>, Hans Petter Selasky writes:
>On 09/06/14 21:57, Maxim V FIlimonov wrote:
>> Lately, I've been heavily experimenting with different USB devices (for
>> instance, USB to TTL one, but that's another story), and at a moment I
>> encountered that the system doesn't react on new USB devices connected.=
 The
>> connected devices work fine, though. The question is: what can I do in =
such a
>> case if I don't want to reboot my box?
>>

>Hi,
>
>If a TTY port is not closed, it will prevent other USB devices on that =

>particular USB controller from enumerating.

I'm pretty sure I have seen this "dead USB" thing on =

	FreeBSD ni.freebsd.dk 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #3 r270830:

without any USB/TTY ports being involved at all...

-- =

FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe    =

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence=
.